Before our bar crawl with none other than the Boston Bar Hopper, which kicked off at State Park, Steph and I decided to go somewhere decadent and treat ourselves to very full bellies before embarking on what was a challenging evening for our livers.
I had been to Cuchi Cuchi right after moving to Boston for drinks with a friend. I think we had intended to meet for “a drink” which quickly turned into “drinks” – their cocktail menu is awesome, and the drinks are very well made. They have a bite, but they also taste great – you won’t be challenged to finish one (or two).
This time, I settled on an Aviation (I had been meaning to try this classic cocktail, and I’d highly recommend it. Plus it’s a fun color) and… I’m embarrassed to admit this… a brie en croute. For dinner. For just me. Oh well – it came with some apple slices, so it was basically a fruit plate. Steph also went for it with a Corpse Reviver and the Carbonara.
Everything about this place is fun. Everyone there is having a great time, the ambiance is unlike that of any other restaurant – it’s meant to be a bit of an adventure, while it also maintains high quality food and drink. We’ll be back!
The short of it:
795 Main Street, Kendall Square (10 minute walk from the Kendall Square T stop)
- Good for…
- A first date – we can see meeting someone at the bar in your finest Friday night duds. And there’s plenty to look at around the restaurant, so conversation topics abound
- A bachelorette party – or just any party with your girlfriends – this place is meant to be enjoyed
- Not the place for…
- Dieting, as you won’t be able to resist the drinks and small plates
- Beer aficionados – this is better suited for the cocktail lover
- No reservations on the weekend – it was just the two of us, so sitting at the bar was fine, but otherwise we would have been outta luck